Friday, July 22, 2016

Dress #14 -- Butterick P289 (2016)

I knew before I started this that is wasn't going to be boob-friendly and I knew I would never wear it -- but I had the perfect amount of this fabric left over and went for it anyway!

It looks good on my dummy, not so much on me. It wasn't a difficult pattern to put together, but here are some of the things I don't like about it:

1. No boob support. I wear 36D bra. I wear TWO bras daily and I sleep in them. I like my puppies SUPPORTED. That means, strapless bras are useless and uncomfortable to me.

2. The side tie makes my waist look thick. It's bulk I don't like.

3. It's not really wearable/practical for me. I knew this making it. It's just a "fun" garment!

It's not a bad pattern, just didn't work for me. Oh well!

Friday, July 8, 2016

Dress #13 -- Hollywood 564 (1941)

Back to the sewing board! I made a slip to start. I didn't really put a lot of effort into it because it was something I NEEDED.

New place is coming along and I'm already sewing two things!

Dress #5 -- Simplicity 8485 (1969)