Friday, July 22, 2016

Dress #14 -- Butterick P289 (2016)

I knew before I started this that is wasn't going to be boob-friendly and I knew I would never wear it -- but I had the perfect amount of this fabric left over and went for it anyway!

It looks good on my dummy, not so much on me. It wasn't a difficult pattern to put together, but here are some of the things I don't like about it:

1. No boob support. I wear 36D bra. I wear TWO bras daily and I sleep in them. I like my puppies SUPPORTED. That means, strapless bras are useless and uncomfortable to me.

2. The side tie makes my waist look thick. It's bulk I don't like.

3. It's not really wearable/practical for me. I knew this making it. It's just a "fun" garment!

It's not a bad pattern, just didn't work for me. Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you - looks better on the model. Funny how clothing does that, sometimes it just doesn't "hang" right.
    I have some retro patterns I want to tackle, just have to bump myself out of my quilting mode.
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I think it'd make a cute vacation dress.

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...