Friday, May 9, 2014

Dress #14 -- Simplicity 8485 (1969)

I started making this one about three weeks ago, but I developed a very painful boil under my arm. I had to have it lanced and today was the first day I've felt "myself" -- so I finished up my dress!

As it sat unfinished, I wasn't feeling it. At first I made the side panels white, but the contrast was way too stark and I just didn't like it. So I decided the entire thing would be zigzag. As I top-stitched the side panels, it occurred to me that a fancy strip of white bias would set it off.

The collar is a bit off, but I don't care. I didn't know those two front petals would be so long and floppy, but that is how they are supposed to look, apparently. I lined up all the dots and did the correct seam allowances. Oh well. My hubby says it looks "60s" and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dress #8 -- Simplicity 7382 (1976)