Sunday, November 13, 2016

Dress #20 -- Simplicity 8248 (1930s repro)

I was sooooo happy when I first saw the new 1930s Simplicity patterns. After endless toddler and apron patterns, their last few batches have been very impressive! And I knew I had t make this one!

I made a size 12, which finished garment measurements say 39 bust and 40 hip. Having lost quite a bit of weight, I'm now down to a 37 bust and 38 hip and I was actually worried this dress was going to be too big. But it came out a bit snug, so it runs a bit small. Five more pounds and I will probably fit it just right ;)

The only change I made was I added 2 inches to the hem. I didn't think it was "30s" enough at the original pattern length. I also inadvertently added a nice 30s flare! Lol.

The pattern wasn't difficult. I might actually make this again in a knit fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment