Monday, November 7, 2016

Dress #19 -- Simplicity 1105 (2015)

I LOVE THIS ONE! A lot! I usually don't go for the shapeless sack dresses, but I liked how it emphasizes the long legs and I knew it would look good on me. And it does.

I made it in one day. It was super easy. The only modification I made was I used bias band instead the facing from the pattern -- didn't like the way it sat. The "fabric" was chosen on a whim. I actually didn't plan to make this one straight away, but as I was cutting out the pattern pieces I saw my old Target Halloween tablecloth poking out of my stack of fabric. A lightbulb went on in my head (rare) and this dress was born. I knew the fabric had to be somewhat stiff for the dress the flare just right. The tablecloth was perfect.

Too bad it's verging on winter here. This dress feels like I have nothing on and it hides my bad parts while emphasizing the good! I guess I can look forward to wearing it in the spring!

1 comment:

  1. I've had this pattern for a long time,and now that I'm finally making it, I can't find the second page of instructions (P3-4)! I don't think there is much more on P3, but don't want to proceed without knowing how to close the back Would you consider emailing me a picture of Page 3 of the instructions? Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...