This is my second attempt at a 1920s drop-waist dress. My first attempt was when I began sewing in 2008 and it wasn't very good, lol. THIS ONE, though, is a success. I chose it because I thought it would challenge me, but it really wasn't that difficult -- despite how fancy it may appear. I would say the Decades Of Style 1930s Button Dress is more difficult.
I used fabric my grandmother gave me before I left Philadelphia. It's a classic "plastic-y" polyester, but I am ok with it. The red is kona cotton I had in my stash. Right now, I have to work with what I already have ;) When I was making the dress, my serging happened to be yellow. Blue + Red + Yellow =
LOL. Once the dress came together and the serging was neatly sewn away inside, it began to look more like a flapper dress and I started to "unsee" the Flying Monkeys. While making it, though, I kinda thought it had a nice look going with no sleeves. It works and is era appropriate:
As for the actual paper pattern, there were no flaws or bad drafting. Everything came together and stayed where it was supposed to. The instructions were fine and the illustrations were very helpful (I mostly use these when I'm sewing!) VPLL patterns are always very good. I might even make this one again someday.