Sunday, November 27, 2016

Dress #23 -- Butterick 6413 (1950s repro)

A Gertie success. I made this in a day! I made no changes other than I didn't line the skirt. I prefer slips to extra bulk in the hip/butt area, lol. But looking at these photos, I think my hips and butt are disappearing from all the working out I'm doing.

I made this dress a bit snug on purpose. Nothing looks worse than a loose, frumpy wiggle dress. Especially with that sexy little peekaboo hole. I have narrow shoulders and I was afraid the sleeves would not sit properly, but I was amazed they sit right where they should. No fighting them. I have D cups and I find the bodice holds them in ok without a bra. I would wear this one on a date. Love it.

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love Gertie's patterns--I find the fit spot on right out of the package, and I love knowing that I'm not going to have to fiddle with it ad nauseum. One of my best TNT patterns is a Gertie. I also love her books--they are so helpful and informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, that dress is hot sauce! Deffo one to wear on a serious date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this pattern, but have been hesitant to attempt it as a novice sewist AND a bigger busted gal, but the fit seems perfect - thank you for the inspiration to try it now!

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...