Sunday, January 8, 2017

Dress #1 -- Hollywood 1400 (1938)

First dress of the new year!!

I've made this dress before in the past, but always the shorter version. This time -- I decided on the long version:

LOL goofy pose. I tried to take a good photo, but this dress just isn't as flouncy as the pattern illustration suggests (LOL I should know 30s patterns are super-stylized!). It just doesn't "sit" right and I admit I've lost so much weight that 1930s size 18 is now too big!

I made no changes to the pattern. It just doesn't translate well as the long version so I'm going to shorten it so it's wearable.

My inspiration was the Wizard Of Oz Beauty Parlour, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been productive already. Your dress definitely reminds me of that Wizard of Oz scene.

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...